Skip to main content

Memorial Day Weekend!


Memorial Day 2020!
We invited the cousins from Arizona :)


They skateboarded

they had sword fights :)


We did a craft Audrey wanted to try...making sun catchers with clear pony beads. It was a hit with the smaller hands :)




Clay worked on our gazebo frame for the backyard with help from Uncle Scott

lots of swimming happened too

mid air Chester flanked by Daniel and Jonah :)

Clay helping me drill holes in the sun catchers. 


I like being in the garage with Clay :) 
And just doing this simple craft gave me all the happy vibes.
I think I am coming out of this pandemic better in many ways.



We had home sacrament meeting :)


We took the Shuman's out to Ventura. 
The wind was whipping off the water so it was chilly! 
But that didn't stop the boys from getting in the surf :)







Chester catching waves

Audrey and Jonah digging holes


cute Ella


"Mom, I'm gonna go out one more time, like ride 4 more waves"


hair mask?



the elder teens :)

Memorial Day wouldn't be complete without fresh watermelon
(squeeze lime and sprinkle with chopped mint for something different)

and cherries!

picnicking out back in patriotic colors




They had so much fun together. Especially Chester! 
He needed this time with cousins his own age. 
They played a LOT of Harry Potter wand games and some air bender play games. 
So, lots of imagination happening!
Memorial day weekend was a nice break from the monotony of quarantine. 
Noone wanted to say goodbye but alas...we still have school.
In past memorial days my sister and her family have come for visits and I'm grateful they came out!
Now, onto the start of summer and catching all the rays :)
*decorated Clay's garden with a sun catcher garland 




 
























































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...