Skip to main content

Quarantine Prom Queen

Audrey got inspired and came to me and asked if we could throw Lucy a prom. 
Yes. Of course. We must do this. 
What a great idea!
We were all given assignments to pull off the surprise for Lucy :)

Clay took Lucy outside so the kids could get dressed up and surprise her.
I thought maybe she knew what was going on but she reported she "had no clue". 
Audrey made the sign, Chester held it and Henry gave her lots of love.

The dress options were iffy. Since everything is closed everywhere
(ahem, Nordstrom Rack)
 we had only one choice...Target. 
Sigh.
 We picked out the longest dress we could find there, haha. 
We knew she loves wearing pink too :)




Dad was in charge of picking up dinner from the Habit Burger Grill :)

After dinner, Lucy was assigned to get ready for her prom
 while Audrey and Henry decorated.
 I think she may have a future in event planning or just being a total boss!


I gathered roses from the backyard and put together some bouttonieres  and a corsage for Lucy.
 Luckily I had floral tape on hand!


Her big entrance!


:) 
she was so happy


corsage moment

Then it was head to the backyard for some classic prom pictures with dates :)



this one is my favorite!



future album cover





Chester took his date duties seriously.
Fast forward to the end of the night, he went out back and picked Lucy a cala lily and thanked her for being a "good prom date".
How cute is this kid?

one more awkward photo :)



hilarious cutie




Henry was in charge of dessert:)
After photos it was time for some in the form of ice cream over a brownie

And then the dancing begun.
Henry was also tasked with making a playlist, a role he relished!



remnants of the party

oh, but the party was still going!
dancing for over 2 hours...
I love dancing, I'm glad they do too:)



 we hope she will keep her senior prom night forever in her memory bank .


Prom is a milestone and she was absolutely looking forward to going with her friends from school. 
Dressing up with them, feeling special, dancing the night away, etc. 
 We had decided to buy fabric for her dress on our NYC trip which obviously didn't happen. 
 But I hope we made it all the more memorable for her. 

 Happy Prom night Lucy :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...