Skip to main content

Audrey's off! Santo Domingo East Mission

Here she is. 
On a split. 
In the campo(country)!
Dominican Republic
Time hop to May when she received her tags :)
Her paper giving her permission to proselyte!
Pre-mission things to do were:
picture with flag at temple ✓
hikes in the sun✓
being set apart as a missionary in our home✓
home mtc p-day shenanigans✓
last taco bell supper :) ✓
hugs that need to last 18 months✓
Her first MTC phone call home.
She had too much fun there but why not?
This missionary mom will send you one package to the mtc...
and that's it :)
Upon arrival, she met her mission presidents! 
Presidente y Hermana Chaverri
Meeting her trainer in the field:)
And after a mini transfer, meeting her new trainer! Her spanish will improve exponentially (she is from Nicaragua!) 
The scripture she shared as she was in the Mexico MTC:)
 I wrote it out so each day I could walk by it and remember her, and  remember the joy the gospel of Jesus Christ brings💗
I cry a little more nowadays but she has so much growth and life to experience right now. 
And I cannot think of a better way to spend 18 months of your life!
Go Hermana Collins!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...