Skip to main content

The Last few weeks at the Milkbarn

I love cut flowers especially from Clay

I taught a lesson about blooming where you are planted a couple of weeks ago. I studied how certain flowers bloom. For instance, tulips need dry hot summers and cold winters. But we aren't all tulips.
 The key for me to bloom is patience. 
I can't expect to just "get it" right away especially moving to new places and schools. Patience is key.
 We are finally blooming here in Boulder...it took awhile.

Audrey had a 4th grade hike behind the school and she took this photo off the trail.


Me chaperoning on the hike( excuse thumb in photo)

We celebrated Chester's 6th birthday.
 He requested Indian food at Curry N' Kabob.

He had a great Super hero/ X-MEN themed birthday party with friends from scchool!
We found the perfect cake for him since he doesn't like cake or frosting...strawberry shortcake! 
I used his Grandma's almond cake recipe for the base. Delicious!



Lucy at her Young Women in Excellence evening. She earned her Knowledge value. Five hours of sewing lessons from me and countless hours on construction lessons from Dad.

With Marna Alexander in the back and our group of young women.

Date night with Mom at Sweet Cow!

Morning date with Mom after a doctor visit at the donut shop.

I cut my hair shorter and this is the face of coming home after a Costco trip(necessary evil) and finally they started carrying nestle toll house chocolate chips in huge bags. Thank you! That Kirkland brand was terrible.

Chester started soccer and I can't help but think he might be better carrying a ball on the field and shoving people to the ground.


Took a family picnic last Sunday afternoon up to Golden Gate State Park. So relaxing to get away from the construction and see all the changing aspens.






With the girls before the General Women's Meeting last night.

And dinner after at the Huckleberry in downtown Louisville. 
So quaint and fun, it was the perfect night.
Lucy is growing up gorgeous. 
She is delightful. 
Audrey has a good big sister to have and share her life with.

And introducing the newest member of our family! 
I finally did it and it is so nice to hear Henry's playing and Lucy began practicing again. Once it moved in I realized, wait, this house is small!
 But it is bursting with love, forgiveness, faith and hope, patience, prayer and learning.
Oh, and music, lot's of laughter and very tall children
.
Hopefully, that is what they will remember and not every time I ask them to sit up straight, clear the table,talk nicely to me, not hit each other(HENRY), brush your teeth for the umpteenth time, pick up your towels clothes-toys-books off the floor. That is the part of my job I do not love. My Mom told me when we started our family, disciplining your children is more about having to discipline yourself to do the job.

So, that's why I need all those chocolate chips :)
Here is a peek at our back splash in our kitchen.
Too cool, well, at least I think it is!


    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...