Skip to main content

Update #34

Isn't it? 
But it can also keep you up at night, induce involuntary eye twitches and cry at inopportune times.

Milkbarn kitchen
They say the heart of the home is the kitchen.
I believe that, kitchens are where cookies are made, conversations evolve and hearts can unite.
 But come on now, that is on a good day and we know that, right?

Our flooring comes in boxes. 
Happy, happy boxes for me!

Clay and Audrey rising early 

I did help. I don't just walk around taking photos of Clay sweating to death while working. I learned to shake the flooring out and place each strip of wood. I learned to not create "H's" in the flooring with the strips. Now that fact has me ruined as I stare at wood floors everywhere I go. I even tried to look up at the ceiling in our chapel to see if there were any H's. 
But then I felt awkward, so I stopped.




Our Restoration Hardware light all wrapped up.
I'm not even trying to humble brag how cool this light is.
 It's cooler than me for sure. 



Master bath tiling

Speaking of tile, here are some of our selections. 
After choosing the really expensive stuff, I still couldn't resist some of it. 
Like the above back splash for our kitchen. 

This dark tile is for our hearth.
 No more white washed brick idea for me. I wanted everything to be clean and simple but not boring. 
I'm willing to up the ante with tile. 

My trips to Daltile documented here.

Working in the master suite. 
I don't think this photo would make it into This Old House. 



Trim work done and painted, wall color up in the master suite.
 I chose a gray but this room and it's lighting decided it would be a soft blue(Benjamin Moore "Seattle Gray"). 
And then we started calling the master suite, the baby room. 
And then the jokes went from there.

Tile up in the master bath!

We do have one room completed! 
I humbly present the pantry to you.
Apparently, I cannot take a straight photo.

Here are some not so crooked photos below of the last few weeks!
1st Day of Mesa Elementary(Chester/1st and Audrey/4th grade) 
Here is Chester trying to not cry.

Here he is losing it, sucking up the tears..."bye Mom! BYE MOM!!"
I wouldn't call him a Mama's boy but I will say, he likes me around.

Clay had a birthday and we celebrated by going to the Empire Lounge in Downtown Louisville.
I am going back, they have somehow made the perfect steak fries with cinnamon. CINNAMON!!!!


Chester going to his 1st soccer practice. 
Coming home he says, "yeah, I like basketball better Mom." 
Awesome.


Cotton candy sunset in our backyard last week. 

Some of the girls in our Young Women group at church are heading off to college. I am so privileged to be with them and help them along their way in life. I adore this one especially. We get each other. 

Okay, deep breath for this week.
 Our goal is to have more than half the house done by the end of the month. 
And Chester requested an X-Men themed birthday party.
No problem?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...