Skip to main content

Snapshot of April

April in Golden Gate Park is pretty perfect!
I've been wishing to write my blog more but to be honest...what do I say?
haha
My kids are growing and changing...
(do I exist to them?)
we aren't building the house yet...
(can that please happen soon God?)
there is a lot of waiting...
a lot of holding on around here:)
so here are some details of life around here
Still life above my sink 
Audrey decided to make a "conference cake" 
and it was to die for.
some unusual April warm weather
felt like a socal day
I mean, I wore shorts.
 That's saying something!
We have a future athletic event face painter
Teachers versus 8th grade bball game :)
*took several soaked cottonballs of make up remover to remove
haha
Our Easter table
unfortunately, the daffodils died before Easter Sunday arrived
Spring Break was spent doing local things with these 3!
Gardens, Japantown, Golden Gate Park, long walks, 
I made them read, and we ate out almost everyday!
(the last one was my idea haha)
they also went to their fist concert at the Warfield
I love their friendship:)
(one of those long walks I mentioned)
here: the tee shirt he has to hide from friends
haha
I hand painted some wooden eggs for Easter and pretty pleased with myself:)
I've been meeting Clay for drinks after work when he's in town!
And when I say drinks I mean 2 large Dr. Peppers at the Taco Bell Cantina
 on the beach :)
And here is a Lucy update.
Five months in and she declared how much she loves being a missionary!
Here she is reuniting with Sister Shoell, her mtc comp at a Zone Conference :)
(behind them is the Lisbon Temple!)
So so happy  with Sister Robinson!

Last but not least....Half Moon Bay High School Prom at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk.
We literally opened the car door and Henry leapt out. 
Here is one of 3 pictures.
Where he is not pictured.
hahaha
Things are afoot at the circle k for him :)
(name that movie!)
And so this is our April. 
It's been good.
We are just living our life and I am trying to breathe instead of holding my breath all the time.
Onward to May craziness and graduation and moving parts that will hopefully all come together!
Tchau Tchau as Lucy says :)
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...