Skip to main content

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree
Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching?
The swing survived the excavating.

Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,

 talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape.
Or watch bunnies.

RIP Ernie.
(My bunny friend that never ran away from me.)

I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall.
Delivery complete.
We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment.

Windows installed!
 The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be.



Early fall morning looking towards the canyon. 
Autumn never gets old for me.


Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess.
The kids picked this up unwillingly.
Ah, Milkbarn memories.

Sleeping in our future kitchen yo.

Halloween chaos.
I decided this year to make some Halloween costumes. I have never been able to get any of my kids on board for a group costume. Seriously never(!), they have some definite ideas. But this year, something must have been in the Milkbarn water.
Based on a video game that we sometimes play(
understatement),
I made some Skyrim inspired costumes for the kids.
I only had one voice of dissent.
I think you'll spot it as you scroll down.

Henry's armored vest with scales individually cut and sewn.

I had been watching a LOT of Project Runway so I ventured into making the costumes as a collection. I loved doing this because I could sew with fabric I really liked and wasn't replicating something I had seen.


I think the ward party didn't know how to handle my Clay's deer hide thrown over his back. 
Is that real?
I thought we looked cool. 
We definitely needed more parties to go too.

The dissenter.
But a cute one.

We had a fun Halloween.
It's a favorite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...