Skip to main content

Joshua Tree National Park plus Covid Halloween 2020

Winding through the back roads of California to explore Joshua Tree National Park
it took a few hours along with a picnic lunch but glad we did it
Spare and unique

walking out to a climbing spot
it was warm but not hot
it was dusty
it was the desert
haha



said climbing spot



even in the middle of nowhere people will comment , "wow, what a tall family"

long legs in the desert by Audrey and Henry

Skull Rock
perfect pre-Halloween nature spot



I love this photo


how Audrey feels being sandwiched in age between these two brothers
haha




Arrived at the Shuman household for Halloween fun!

My sister always makes her house cute

a round of cupcakes and cookies
a must stop for me while in Phoenix

pre trick or treat

the neighborhood had tables in their driveways, everything was socially distanced
it felt great to do something normal with the kids!

Audrey and Ella as elephants :)
I guess we went with animals this year!
Elephant, hammerhead shark, peacock head
Lucy sent this to me from school. 
She was "Baby Shark" which is hilarious when you are 6'3"
By the look on his face, it was worth it :)



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...