Skip to main content

Audrey Cornelia Turns 14!

Audrey turned 14 over last weekend! So we celebrated on Saturday as a family:)






We started the day with a homemade breakfast!
Fueling up Audrey for her city rec basketball game



As always, chocolate cake for Audrey...I found these cute little cactus candles. She loves cactus plants 


Still wearing the headband from when she was 4 :)


Clay demonstrating his qualifications in making homemade french fries with
 a new fryer 

sigh












It was a fun evening. The girls headed to the mall after cake and presents to use some gift cards. They are such cute sisters together.

The next day we left early for Carlsbad to spend the day with family! We 'took a great walk on Moonlight Beach in Encinitas.
 Someone was happy!





I love my gorgeous nerds

someone wrote this in the sand...so we took advantage of the photo op


rock stacking


Chester's rocks

overhanging ice plants on the bluff





making "rivers"




v formation of pelicans


happy coastal flowers



making them take pics for me, they were good sports

we love this donut shop. they close when they sell out :)



Superbowl Snack spread!



It was a fun weekend celebrating beautiful, smart, funny, down to earth Audrey. Junior High has just about done her in. She has 4 months left of 8th grade and then....BOOM....high school. 
She is ready for new things in life. 
 And I hope we can help facilitate her growth these next 4 years. 
We love you Audrey Cornelia 💖
You have so much ahead of you. So much to learn about yourself. Life is not everything you know at 14 but it sure can feel like it.
 So hang on while we hang on to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...