Skip to main content

S p r i n g B r e a k: LAS VEGAS!!!

Scenes from the road are always beautiful in Utah. 
It's a beautiful drive from Colorado to Las Vegas!

Staying a night in St. George.


Before heading to Las Vegas we took a trip to the Hoover Dam.









The Hoover Dam was fascinating but I will say the kids were decidedly excited to get to the Mandalay Bay Hotel!

FYI, huge lines happen at the Las Vegas sign at all hours of the day. So, we had time to kill before check in so there we waited.

And then all the water Chet had drunk was about to let loose so we popped out of line, snapped a shot and he later did his business...in the parking lot.


Arriving at the Mandalay Bay was so exciting!
(I made them jump)

Checking the view from our room, such an incredible 
view of the Strip.
 And just far enough up and away that the view at night was so cool.

Almost ready for bed to start our stay there...

First day we took a detour to Aunt Lisa's pool since the hotel pool was closed due to 40mph winds and cold weather. 
It was crazy!


At the Shark Aquarium at the hotel, Henry had to see the 
jelly fishes

View from the room

The botanical gardens at the Bellagio were gorgeous
(Lucy took all the photos below)




The next day the pool was open!
 and it was like 52 degrees and nothing stopped the Collins kids from swimming first thing in the morning.
The Mandalay Bay has 4 or 5 pools, the lazy river was a hit along with the wave pool.


Looking up from my lounge chair,
 a much better view than our snowy Milkbarn back home.

Chester always bringin' it!

After the pool we headed down the tram to the M&M store!

*almost New York?



Upon hearing and seeing snowstorm news in Colorado, we were stuck. And so Aunt Lisa got us an additional day and it was the best day of the week! 75 degrees and all day at the pools. I really dreaded going home the next day until Clay decided to fly in from LA and travel home with us. Yay for Clay!


Cap bought, not the giant Reese's cup.
The Hershey store was more fun than the M&M store!


Twizzler Statue of Liberty

Upon leaving Las Vegas I snapped a photo of what I want to see when I go back! Let's hope Aunt Lisa can hook us up next time. 
And I will save up money for this Cirque show, it looks amazing.


We drove through Arizona and New Mexico to avoid snow and I got an hour in Santa Fe on my birthday.
 It was a chilly morning but fun to poke around. 

They were getting ready for Easter services the next day so we couldn't go in. 
I really like old churches, the craftsmanship is inspiring!

Cathedral Hardware

Collins kids, can you spot all of them?

Here's me making us do Mexican Portraiture. 
This was my expression hitting the blizzard in the minivan.

I drove through the Raton Pass. That was seriously sketchy. 
It took Clay's hands to help steer as we were sliding sideways. 
Of course, I'm the one behind the wheel, ha ha! 
We stopped at the local store and got our bearings, said a prayer before we got back on the road and lo and behold, we got right behind the snow plow. 
Tender mercy.
And phew!
What a birthday.

Our Easter Sunday was lovely. 
Good to be home all together!
But boy, what a great Spring Break we had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...