Skip to main content

Ski Week is our Jam

Ski Week they call it.
A week off after President's Day in February.
We made  plans to take a trip down to LA and made some fun stops heading down and back.
We all loved it!
We hit Pinnacles National Park just outside of Hollister. 
We parked and hiked through the park, it was beautiful and green from all the rain...a good way to start our trip off :)




Views from our drive through Central California...
rolling green hills as far as the eye could see.

We stopped in SLO for an early dinner and made it to Pismo Beach to catch the sunset and grab the best cinnamon rolls!




Day one in LA: The Getty Villa in Malibu, lunch and surf shop called Sea and Soul right by Zuma. 
Such a beautiful day. 
Glad we spent it there.








I preferred this over the bigger Getty on the hill. The kids liked it too since we were done with our visit in just over an hour...haha.

Day two in LA, we headed down to see Carly in Hermosa Beach for a hair appointment and I got to visit with Charmaine! 
It was lovely and we got buttermilk bars from Lucky Donuts in El Segundo :)
Day Three was one for the books!
We spent an entire day (14.5 hours) at Disneyland and California Adventureland...here are some scenes in no particular order.
First ride of the day
Rise of the Resistance!
we love Winnie the Pooh still :)
Splash!
another all time fave...
The Haunted Mansion

So glad we got the park hopper tickets...California Adventure had a the super fun Incredicoaster!




Their love for Mater has not waned!


Guardians of the Galaxy!



We rode Splash Mountain twice...(early and got soaked)and the last ride of the day(maybe got soaked again). 
I love it.
their glee after the cars ride :)



I just can't physically go on the teacups. I get sick just watching them!


We sent this photo to Henry hahaha

My kids are way more excited about Radiator Springs/Cars Land than the Star Wars part. 
Ka-chow!

Late lunch at the Carnation Cafe :)
Reenacting a childhood memory of her trying to open the Alice in Wonderland door on her 4th birthday :)



This is my favorite part of the park STILL...Frontierland :)
They had way more fun than they had imagined they could! 
up, up and away!
the day after Disneyland I was exhausted and then felt sick to my stomach. I don't think my body was happy with 14.5 hours of rides and food and no sleep :)
Anyway,
We meandered up the 101 for home as planned although it was raining cats and dogs. We stopped in the quaint Danish town of Solvang!


It was beautiful despite the rain. 
Clay and Chester were definitely not into walking around but the power went off and so all the shops and cafes closed.
 We headed home...
and ended our Ski week surfing at surfers beach :)

Until next year!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...