Skip to main content

March Era

Every time I think "I should write about this"...
the days add up and time moves on and my recollections get fuzzier. So, here I am trying to get back on the horse of writing about life, our comings and goings, our challenges and triumphs, and what we are still creating.
Transitions are hard.
And I get quiet when stuff is hard.
Pictures do most of my talking. 
Art tells the story when the words can't quite come out :)
Oh, the dreams and plans for our tree lot.
We go out nearly every weekend and make plans and talk about plans and maybe weddings and grandkids and how Clay and I will garden and make food etc etc etc...
a chunk of glass from one of my walks
After dropping Clay off for an early morning flight, I pulled over to capture the moon setting over the water after a rainy night
. It was so peaceful.
March madness had me put on Lucy's high school basketball hoodie!
We took a trip to Arizona to see my sister and her family. They are such adorable kids. I love watching them grow up!
Daniel and Chester
Saguaro National Park was fun.
We continue to check off National Parks :)

Old Town Tuscon for lunch :)
The next day my sister made an appointment at the Phoenix Temple to do some family names. Both of my kids said it was the most fun they've ever had doing temple work. It kind of helped to have a temple worker with a great personality and Uncle Scott dunking you deeper than you'd think haha

later in the day we headed out to the much MUCH anticipated concert of our lives....Taylor Swift!
Aunt Marcie is a literal mastermind. Scored VIP tickets for the most amazing night. I'll let the photos do the talking...

Cousin reunion!!!





The next day, after my ears stopped ringing, we went prom dress shopping for fun. Almost said yes to the dress but declined. 
Although we found out pockets are exciting and yellow is happy on Audrey:)
Peppers...the incessantly affectionate dog who refuses to let anyone feel unloved :)
(paw on my leg moment)
 Lucy pic from her 2nd to last transfer in Lisbon. 
She loves it so much💛
my wish for every March is to see or have daffodils :)
check!
Clay and I got away for a weekend to a sheep farm near Tomales.
 It proved to be relaxing and spurred some creativity for the both of us which is something we are good at together!
The farmhouse was clad in all redwood and then we just sat there designing our barn for the tree lot:)
I think I always knew I'd want to live out in the country with him🐑 

Henry home for a few days of his spring break, Audrey made a delicious lemon cake for me(my favorite)plus decorated, and Chester makes me a bouquet of flowers each year...
a nice quiet birthday for me after a weekend away with Clay.
Pretty perfect.

more food?
Lucy can never love food enough!
a pday spent learning how to make Sister Barcellos' favorite Brazilian dishes per their request.
 What an amazing mission president she has:)
The March era of 2023... 
lots of shining moments that had to be recorded🌞
And the sun is finally breaking through the onslaught 
of rain and wind. 
A sign of things to come :) 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...