Skip to main content

The Graduate

The Graduate!
Pictures tell more of the story here :)
bedazzling part of his cap...time was running out :)

pre ceremony nerves!
We made Hawaiian plate lunch for dinner and a coconut cake for
 the family after party:)
Ella, my helper and cheerleader!
Marcie came out to support Henry and we got a surprisingly warm and sunny ceremony in Half Moon Bay!

proud family
I love him.
I can't believe this part is over but I'm not sad about him moving on. 
High School is a rollercoaster...it's good to exit the ride :)

The adoration is real

more adoration :)


All the cords he earned!
Music for 4 years:)
Spanish biliteracy 4 years:)
Honors :)

Now, the bigger story is ready to be lived. 
Adulthood.
Welcome Henry!
It's a way better rollercoaster:)


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...

Sports Mom Era

I think I saw this coming but maybe I didn't really see this coming:) I am a sports mom. Plain and simple. I had other hats too like library mom, classroom aid mom, costumes for musicals mom, outdoorsy hiking mom, musical mom, jazz band mom, tech crew mom, art mom, spring break mom, etc etc etc But sports mom has been a pretty big theme in my life:) So, in honor of my Dad's birthday today and his absolute love of sports, I share this to save the memoires.  Because one day, it will be just that, sweet and crazy sports mom era memories:) Okay, so I love JV games because the weather at 4pm in the Bay Area and even coast side was amazing last year. Tee shirt and jeans? Heavenly  Fall 2024 (he already looks different) Friday morning fits Becky Ruppel photography↑ In the middle of football season lies the beast of the high school basketball pancake breakfast. It was actually fun to serve all of the people coming through... even the complainers...haha Homecoming! And nothing better t...