Skip to main content

There She Goes



"There she goes...there she goes again"- The LA's

What do you say to your first born as they walk out into the world you brought them into?

I love you.
We love you!
You can do this.
Call me?
Text me!
Heavenly Father has a plan for you, remember that.
You can do anything when you turn around to see what you have already done.
Remember where you came from! 
You don't have a perfect family, just a real one :) 
Keep moving forward even if your direction gets changed :)
 Plan B's and C's make life interesting!



It's okay to have a boyfriend no matter what your Dad says.
If a boy is worth your time, he will make his time your time. 
(ask your Dad how I had a no drop in rule until I was ready...aka, or in love)
Good friends can be as eternal as a family, invest in them.
A true friend will uphold you in your values, rather than question them.
They will show up by your side and listen.
Grant yourself grace through these next few years.
Mistakes are bound to happen and mistakes can be a tool to humble us to try again.
Life is about learning :)


This is the look I get a lot  :)
 How fitting that she flashed it for me in this photograph. 
We had all these plans and aspirations last spring for our New York City mother/daughter trip.
 One of them was to get a portrait of her on the city streets. 

But this is her after deciding at least twice in the last few months to stay on the path she is ready to embark upon. 
Gazing out on a citrus colored sunset. 
And then looking through me here.
I like this one better.


Wiser.
If possible, even more patient.
Reassuring eyes.
 So very ready.


Onward Lucy Jane :)
A beautiful life awaits you and my heart feels that path has already been prepared for you.
💛

And for a laugh...because I can't write this without leaving you with a smile.

Gosh we love you.

It is always sad when someone leaves home, unless they are simply going around the corner and will return in a few minutes with ice-cream sandwiches.     

Lemony Snicket








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...