Skip to main content

Captain's Log: Father's Day Week!


Father's Day!

He is a good Dad.
They all filled out an "All about Dad" questionnaire
 (which was hilarious as he read them out loud to us)
and the 2 older ones also wrote him sweet letters.
A Father's Day tradition I began a few years back :)




He threw himself in the pool with Chester :)

Bounty from the Clay Collins Garden 

basil

The gazebo is up and just needs the roof!

more homemade pots by Clay with all the herbs

thai basil

the abundant mint

english thyme

Chester's bell pepper plant

the cantaloupe is going bonkers

tomatoes


last week was filled with playing in the pool and getting this one ready for college...filling out all the paperwork to play basketball is huge! We got word she can head up to SLO but the protocols are very intense.
 I can't believe she'll be leaving in a month.
Also, her face looks like 6 year old Lucy here :)







I sat and waited for my hummingbird friends

there are two hummingbirds that buzz around playfully, swooping in and out of the flowers. After I put the feeders out, I can watch them more!
They like this flat disk feeder best :)





putting together 3 of their subscription kits...we made it a competition. 
Audrey had the lamp, Chester the calendar,
 Henry the desk...turns out the desk was the easiest! 
They told Lucy to take it with her to college, haha.




Clay and I have also been perfecting our plate lunch since he got us a grill :)

taking Lucy's ID photo for Cal Poly :)
Dang it, we are going to miss her!

San Diego day to celebrate a very special little guy!



Audrey and Henry playing with the preschoolers, haha


Avery and Chester playing all afternoon together :)






my Dad beaming while talking to Mark

Cute last pic of the day with kids of their cousins but we just call them all cousins :)

And a report on the pandemic: It is still spreading in Los Angeles County. 
I filled out a form regarding learning preferences for school starting in the fall.
 Not an option for  "go back to school everyday".
Businesses are opening back up, masks are worn everywhere, we continue to just stick around home and beaches.
People seem to be going back to normal but it's just not normal. 
They aren't acting normal at all!

 It is stunning to realize how quickly government exercised the authority to shut everything down. 
Yes, for good reasons. 
Absolutely.
But now, I'm left wondering why everything feels so cherry picked. 

Why do leaders seem so permissive on both sides of the coin?



I am deeply grateful for our prophet, President Nelson who has showed true leadership in a world which lacks truth telling.  
We can say what we believe but until we live it daily and teach our children what is important 
...then it won' t really matter. 


Good things to come?
I really hope so 

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...