Skip to main content

our fleeting fall

I went to the mountains this past week! 
After all these years in Colorado, I have come to know fall is fleeting and last week was peak viewing!If you go up in October, the foliage is gone but it's still pretty in the rockies :)



boulder canyon

aspen scars from the elk and deer nibbling off the bark or rubbing their antlers against the trees
I love nature

looking down on fall river pass in Rocky Mountain National Park
I took a morning to myself and drove up to see the elk and enjoy the weather, it was so nice!


Longs Peak, one of the 14 ers in our backyard


Fall is full of volleyball
Lucy made the JV team, she is #11 playing right side and middle
6th grade volleyball is a little more casual
Audrey


I feel like I'm at Michaels waaaay too much in the fall 

these bozos made it fun though
Clay is in Alaska and LA this week so the only work being done is shoveling dirt and making scarecrows
The temps dropped so I'm hoping to get heat re-hooked up (don't ask) and a new front door because there is a crack that could tempt any little mouse to come in and warm up


Our annual outing for the LDS general womens broadcast

I got to do some flower arranging again but failed to take any photos of the event. 
The messages given were truly inspired for my girls to hear.
 Our lives are always evolving and growing. 
Things are brewing around here!
Can't wait to share more.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...