Skip to main content

Chester's Big Week

Eight really is great!


On his birthday we headed to Curry N' Kabob for his favorite meal

At home ready to open presents!

We held a football themed birthday party for 12 boys.
It was as insane as it sounds.


After the party on Friday night we quieted down and I wrapped a ribbon around a set of scriptures inscribed with Chester's name for his baptism

pre-baptism hair cut with Dad

His baptism was a family affair with Henry and Audrey giving talks, Lucy sang a musical number, Grandma Collins played piano, Clay performed the baptism and confirmation and I guess I orchestrated it all :)


So proud of his tender slash tough heart



After church on Sunday we took Grandma up to the Peak to Peak highway and onto Brainard Lake....
my favorite spot here to get away to




the 2 "fall" ladies











Lucy told me this was her new favorite photo of me as I halfway take off my sunglasses, nice.


Chester was so worked up over this birthday. He spent lots of restless nights thinking about being baptized, having his buddies over for a football party and the eve of his birthday he was so worried kids would tell him his birthday was "cursed". I guess last year a couple of kids said his birthday was on a cursed day because it is September 11th. The build up for him to all of this was overwhelming but I think this is what gave him the most anxiety. I told him with his head in my hands that maybe Heavenly Father wanted him born on this day so he would remember to live up to being a patriot at heart, so he would remember to help others no matter what or where. That many heroic acts were done on his birthday, that miracles happened. 
Whatever I said worked, he went to bed and the week was just fine.
Next year it will be low key family and cake...phew!


And just a little more fall foliage from the mountains. Some of the aspens are this coppery red and hot red mix. 
Fall is my favorite....
except it only means winter is coming :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...