Skip to main content

London Layovers


This post is going backwards because this is one of the last photos I took in London before we went home. 
I was also feeling very sick but adrenaline kicked in....because hello, it's LONDON!
I completely loved London.
 I wasn't expecting that at all. 
I thought I'd like it but I LOVED it. 
I'm already calculating when I can go back with the girls:)
Our charter bus from the cruise dropped us at Heathrow 7 hours early and the airline attendant when checking our bags noted that we 
"were quite early" :)
So we hopped on the Elizabeth Line and walked over to Hyde Park.
It was full of friends, and dogs off leash with their owners, families...just everything. It just felt perfect. Like, was this real? Am I in a movie? Are these accents real? Oh wait...I'm the one with the accent:)
 (Remember, I have never really traveled outside of the the country and now the pandoras box of traveling is officially open...okay, 
I digress...)

Anyway, back to our afternoon in
 Hyde Park.
The sun was out as we trapsed through the verdant scenery and then before we knew it...clouds formed so quickly and gave way to wind and showers of warm rain. 
We got to experience a proper English summer day and I have to say, it was super fun:)

This might of been my favorite day of the trip.
Clay was better, we were free of the boat(haha, and the schedule) and discovered how much we both liked getting on a train and roaming around. 
This trip was something special because it turns out, Clay and I travel well together and both like to discover what's around a corner. I have a shortlist of what's next but Croatia in the summer, Denmark and Lithuania in the winter:)
I found Prince Albert for Audrey:)
(we watched the pbs masterpiece show "Victoria" and got hooked)
He cared so much for the arts and championed them. 
And he was an outsider, and I respect that because sometimes I still feel that way:)
little city parks

Paddington Station where we checked our carry on bag at "left luggage", bought an umbrella(thankfully, or we would've been soaked), and sought out it's famous resident:)

Everything was a feast for my eyes. 
Flower shops and local markets on every block.
We sat down for some delicious Thai food  for lunch...and after boat food for a week straight, it tasted like HEAVEN.

We first landed in London the week prior for our cruise to Norway and arrived around 7pm. It was a depressing thought to just stay in our little room... so we took an uber to and from the hotel into London!
It was such a lovely night out to walk around and sight see:)



A hotel staff member recommended this Dim Sum place to us. 
It was ridiculously good.
 We were both dying over just how good it was!
Venison and veggie dim sum? You haven't lived until that is something you have eaten. 
It was invigorating to be around so many people out and about on a Friday night. It was amazing to literally feel the energy of this bustling and robust city!
Alive and kicking is what London was to me:)
I cannot wait to return💕 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...