Skip to main content

October Things

October here
Say hi for memories sake:)
My first trip to the pumpkin patch was with my dear friend Michaela of whom I have spent many a Halloween with in my 20's!
The stories I should tell one day:)
my favorite shop on main street looking fall-ish

me and Michaela!
so. many. football. games.



there is no specific order to this mess of a post 
documenting the build is my part time job!


My first Pumpkin Festival. 
Hard to believe :)
I volunteered for the basketball pancake breakfast and then just walked around. It was fun!
I also bought some linen pillowcases. 
What is my bedding problem? 
Homecoming! 
Dance was Saturday night at a Marriot hotel in San Mateo. 
DJ told the kids on the dancefloor that our school
 was the most hype he had had.
 Proof that these kids in HMB just want to GET OUT!








my Halloween minions!
one is in a bat costume, the other is dressed as a kitty and I love them!

post JV homecoming football game with Chester


pumpkin-ing with Audrey
She is always up for little adventures!


She still is my number one carver. 
She even scraped all the guts out for Chester to carve his:) 
spoiled brother! 
That should've been his costume. 
I love Halloween and October things :)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...