Skip to main content

Audrey's 15th!

Another trip around the sun for Audrey!
We began her birthday weekend with a Saturday outing for a quick photo shoot.
 I really think our kids seem to change the most between 14 and 15. 
These teen years are definitely fleeting :)

This is an artichoke field just a couple miles down the road from us and I thought the color would be just the right punch for the background!
She let me take her photos for a few minutes😀

Fyi, it also smells like artichokes (choke 😜 )




Outdoor dining became available on the same day we decided to head out for a mother/daughter day.
 We strolled Burlingame Avenue, had lunch at the Crepevine and did a little shopping. You would have thought it was Disneyland...people were out everywhere, making connections over lunch, strolling, smiling...chatting,...it was a happy scene!



She went to seminary and online school and then we prepped for her birthday! 
But I have zero pictures of that :( 
But I did get a video of us singing to her with Lucy over a video call!
So, I screenshotted some pics of that :)
Dad made her burgers, I made her the chocolate cake (both her favorites), opened presents and watched a movie.


trick candles ;)

Framed by some doors at The Palace of Fine Arts

 Audrey loves to explore. 
Whether it's a city, the beach, a trail...she likes the experience of being out
She is becoming a very good baker...something I admire since I am only proficient at cookies and sheet cakes :)
She is a ferocious reader...something that did not come easily to her as she had to work hard to learn to read and was finally getting it by mid third grade. 
She has a strong sense of self...she really knows where her boundaries are and visualizes what she wants to do next.
 She is soft spoken unless yelling at her brothers...😂
 She laughs easily and is the first one to dish out a cutting observation on life around her...she shows no mercy on old church videos in seminary.

Audrey, your life has changed twice over in the last 2 years with 2 moves.
 It's been hard and disruptive for you. 
But here you are, showing us all faith while doing hard things. 
We love you!
Happy 15th Audrey Cornelia 💗


Princeton Jetty

Surfer's Beach

Purisima Creek Redwoods Reserve

Crissy Field Beach




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...