Skip to main content

Back to School *home edition*

Back to School
*home edition*

Audrey 9th grade!
Henry 11th grade!

The photo I had them reenact from 2nd and 4th grades in Colorado :)
Seems like much simpler times


It's not ideal but for now, this is our reality
Henry's schedule for junior year:
AP Lang & Comp A
Jazz
Physics 
Marching Band
AP Calculus
AP US History (or affectionately called A Push)


Audrey has a desk in her room so we set up shop in there for her!
Audrey's Freshman schedule is:
Honors Geometry
AP Biology
PE
Spanish 1
Honors English
Digital Media Arts


Last but not least, big boy Chester :)
6th grade!



6th grade is in elementary school here
He has a good teacher but I can already see how this is not comparable to the 6th grade middle school the older children had.

Once it cools down, we are taking school lunch outside under our freshly built gazebo!

Clay is an artist 
(say it like *arteest* though)

Lots of political talk right about now.
I found badges the kids made 4 years ago. 
I am still behind this candidate :)

Just because it's going to be a 110 degrees here for the weekend 
does not mean I can't look forward to fall, right?
Chester made this little guy :)

in other news, we completely cleaned out the front room for staging...

Clay remodeled the banister and spindles for the staircase and it makes all the difference visually!

A fire sunrise in Sand Canyon 
The sky was choked with smoke for a good week.
 Playing outside was not an option for a couple of those days...

Lucy was home a weekend and we did pool maintenance work.
 We told her she had to come home and earn some of her tuition!

Someone thought refilling the pool was amazing. 
Like a little fresh water hole!


Clay turned 46.
The boys made him his zucchini chocolate cake/ no frosting and he was impressed :)



She has come home every other weekend which has been a nice way for her to spread her wings in a phased approach, haha.


We loaded up Clay's 41' Ford Super Deluxe to get ready to show the house.

It will take a miracle to sell this home. Long story short, we were aiming to put it on the market last March but then...you know...the pandemic stormed through our collective lives. 
So, here we are. 
It has been a slow start with only one showing.
 We are praying for the right buyers to be attracted to our home.
I would be lying if I didn't say I really have some kind of ptsd from our move here 2 years ago. I have faith the Lord has prepared the path for us. We have done everything we could on our end. 
So...now for the miracles...? 
In this order:
(as if I could order them, haha)
Sell home
Rent new home
Relocate without going bonkers
Covid 19 cured
(global party ensues!)
Go back to school
go back to church
go back to so many small things I absolutely took for granted
kids make friends
kids thrive
Clay and Jennifer and the Collins crew will build a home they will love 
for a very, very  long time :)




Thumbs up for dreaming big and taking risks 👍








 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...