Skip to main content

December-burr-blur

December!

(Lucy created the board for the month. It's perfect.)

With all the finals and sports and concerts and deadlines and parties and ankle sprains and more parties 
we threw...as I write this...I am still wiped out. 


I had fun with the Light the World campaign this year and did what I could. Giving blood was fun. 
Kind of.
My blood stopped and the tech was so nervous. I have the smallest veins. Noone wants to poke me. 
But they got my samples from my right arm so all was worth it!

I flew up to  SF for an afternoon to meet with Clay and the architect.
We had another set back.
I think we need to keep going though.

(fog is a good wrinkle free filter!)


Stuck at the airport so I wandered around while Clay slept on an airport couch(ha) and 
took photos of all the art.
 Now the city I love has an airport I love. 

Meanwhile, back at home Audrey got a job at the snack bar during basketball games!

Lucy made a big appearance on the Canyon Cowboys Winter Calendar!
I called that when she was 13...she'd be the one on the calendar due to the bone structure she got from her Dad :)



anyway, this post doesn't make a lot of sense soooo, welcome to how our life is right now, haha

us on a Sunday 

upstairs these 2 have been working on her last 2 college apps....exhausting!
it's like we want her to go but not really but really we do?
please help us make sense of these emotions, haha


from college to crafting...Audrey and I saw this and wanted to make dried oranges for our tree



they popped out nice on the tree and for a day it smelled like marmalade :)


together for Lucy's choir concert, it was fun!



Long story short, I got stuck with doing our ward christmas party...here is Kara, the mastermind of our luau.

Long story short, I fell off a chair hanging up lights and sprained my ankle bad. I am still limping around.
Free pass for not doing it EVER again?

the pineapples looked cute though :)

The next morning we had Clay's work brunch.
 I didn't throw it but I found the venue down in Marina del Rey which was stressful. Picked the menu. Showed up puffy and limping. Not my favorite thing.

I told them to "model"



From the brunch, we headed to a game and then took the girls out in Glendora for dinner (I am still hobbling)


Home

Chester reading his Harry Potter books :)

Audrey at Universal City Walk :)

(Henry had a jazz gig with his school band for a
 holiday party at the Hilton across the street)


cute dr. seuss whoville garlands and wreaths

Eating the original Voodoo Donut at Voodoo Donut :)


Another party we threw....Girls Varsity Basketball Christmas Party!


They were so cute and LOUD. We made a breakfast dinner and had everyone come in pj's. 
Clay made his waffles, it was super fun to host.


You would think my ankle was better....NOPE.
So, Audrey, Chester and I hopped in the car to bring some christmas cheer to Lisa and La'a in Las Vegas :) ignoring my ankle

Ramen restaurant mural above

jewelry tree made by my grandmother at Lisa's place

The Bellagio Atrium!






Everything is made of flowers in the atrium. It's so pretty. 
This backdrop behind Aud and Chet is all florals!

Me wishing I could buy shoes in the SJP store :)



Back to break and christmas puzzling, it took us a few days but we got it!



scenes from our mantle

gingerbread house making
stabbed sour patch kid above 
"naughty list asylum" below
:)


Lucy's head on a pretzel stake :)


puzzling...but not Henry...he has an aversion to it :)

Christmas Eve cookie baking!

And reading!

And dining!

the annual picture of our tree after Santa Mom and Dad have made a visit


the annual Christmas Eve jammies photo


Christmas morning arrived!
But before you can head down...did you make your bed and brush your teeth?

He was so excited!

Dad presents at its finest :)


She had been eyeing that guitar before her lessons every week! She loves it! She played us Jingle Bell Rock on Christmas eve. 

Not every gift is perfect.
(check above faces, haha)
 Not every season brings joy.
 Writing this makes me look back and see what is right in our lives. 
So, maybe our right is just being together and accepting each others weaknesses.  
I am flawed in writing this. I wish I had the energy to be more detailed, grammatically accurate, or share our emotions. But it is high one day then low the next...and that just seems exhausting to reign in for writing. 
So, here was our December-burr-blur
whirrrrr!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...