Skip to main content

P & Q


Proms and Quincenearas!


I finally got to make a prom dress!

Lucy was asked to Mormon Prom LA by a boy in another ward 2 weeks before...so, we found a pattern she liked, went down to the garment district in DTLA and found a great fabric to use!

It took much longer than expected with all the pattern changes due to length, obviously!


but she is like a hanger, 
everything just falls so gracefully on her, 
she looked ready for the oscars really!

photos in the backyard :)

the peplum makes the dress, it was glitter head to toe as well

Her cute date Ethan

Dad lurking in the background...we actually just left them early. They do this whole red carpet walk down to the buses that take them to the venue but I think sometimes it is best to just leave teenagers alone and let them have their own moments. 
Plus, they didn't care, haha, so good on them!

she loves pink and it was perfect with her dress

After we dropped Lucy off, Henry was attending the Quinceneara for his friend Gabriella. He was the head escort. It is a big deal! He has been to rehearsals for all the dances since February, attended a full mass, photoshoots and then the big party.
 It basically feels like a wedding! 


She did a traditional mexican folk dance 

Got him in a photo, he was so embarrassed we were invited and actually there 
hahaha


my hot date :)

the food was all homade by Aurelia, Gabi's mom.
 I died over the fruit with pepper on it.



The party was at a ranch so she came in on a horse, she had cowboy boots on underneath her dress :)

They did waltzes and other dances, then family dances...we had to go dance with Henry and Gabi and the band introduces us over the microphone in spanish...we don't speak spanish sooo....
it took awhile to get the gringos up there :)
I think he will remember this night for a long time.
 He made good friends while doing it.
 I am very grateful Gabi asked him!

It is springtime here...the weather is perfect. 
I don't want to move again!

the girls decorated our chalkboard for Easter


and our front walk is blooming with statice...it is so beautiful!

Comments

  1. So much fun and the dress was beautiful but the model inside was the best!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...