Skip to main content

First Days of New

First Day of school in California! 



Standing outside the Fairfield Inn and Suites
Hotel breakfast for the win!
(Although after day 5 the smell of hotel cheese eggs was making me nauseous, I swear it was in the halls, in my clothes...EGGS EVERYWHERE blah!)

New 4th grader

New 7th grader
New Junior and Freshman


The first week of school was spent at the hotel
and I will just say it was an adventure in patience.
I don't ever EVER want to do that adventure again.



After a week of losing our minds, Clay found a condo for us and we happily shopped Costco to buy mattresses and food.
Because that's all you really need...in an empty condo.
IKEA on a Saturday in Burbank is like...well...none other

the condo and all of it's glory

So, why are we not in a house yet?
Good question!
First we backed out of an offer when the seller wouldn't go down in price.
 Gosh, it was a beautiful home but behind a gate with a very large hoa fee for said gate that I knew I would come to resent!

Then, we were in escrow on a house we were excited about but after SEVERAL signs from the universe (including exorbitant amounts of money to maintain and fix it) and I think terrible sellers, we backed out. 2 days after we got here. It would have been like a Milkbarn but without the good vibes and twice the size but the backyard looked like an episode of Dynasty, haha or Downton Abbey as my sister told me :)

So, another home came on the market and I thought, 
I love the street! Same schools! Good price for the area! Well maintained!
Gosh, I hope they don't want a 45 day close...

and now we are in 45 day close

I drove by last night and saw they had moving pods in their driveway
YAY!
(can you hurry up please?!?)
see? I am not patient

45 days is a long time for me to NOT make plans to remodel...

I know, I know
but I can't help myself
90's over haul here I come :) 
or not? maybe just updates here and there


haha

Why did I think this part of myself would end?
Laundry room first because look ↓ at those walls










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...