Skip to main content

New Chapters to Come!

dandelions galore next door :)
It's a new chapter for us. 
Deep breath Jennifer
Clay accepted a job offer with a new company! I am so excited for him and this opportunity for our family

 he keeps saying...."and so it begins"
-a famous quote from the Lord of the Rings movie before a massive war is waged :0
so, that's helping...hahaha

with this new job we will be leaving spring snowstorms behind

I might actually miss them
As always, we are still working hard on the Milkbarn

i might miss all this work

Lucy is learning to drive
(and so it begins...hahaha) 

i won't miss driving her to early morning seminary

our middle school had a showcase night for the kids to show us what they have been working on...
Audrey took us straight to her math class!

I love their school! I will miss some really great teachers here

after visiting his LA class, Henry showcased his locker to us...
so that's where ALL of the reusable containers are!!! nice.

maybe I will miss this whole thing going on here

we knocked the sheds down and I can now see those pretty mountains at sunrise in peace

i'm going to miss these mountains

Clay has wanted to put in a split rail fence in the front to break up the big swath of grass so he and Chester got started on it a couple of weeks ago !

How's that for a weekend project? 
Me and the kids filled the holes with cement to keep it stable. 
It was a good family project to do together!

projects interrupted by more spring snow :)

okay, maybe I won't miss this part

but that didn't stop us!
the kids got dressed out to work in the crawl space with Clay
it was mud world everywhere from the snow :(



the light was so pretty as I caught Clay tinkering with the well for the sprinklers. taken the evening before his first day...
I saw him and wanted to just freeze this moment. 
this is who I married...happy to be working with his hands, outside, content, ripped jeans but very big dreams 

i'm going to miss him as he travels even more these next few months

I am so happy to be on this ride of life with him though, 
I can't imagine any other way

when we moved to Colorado, Audrey was just 5 and beginning kindergarten! (time flies seems like an understatement here) 
7 years later she is 12 and had her first experience in the temple up in Fort Collins. 
It was such a special day to be with her!


So much has happened in 7 years here that 
I am incredibly grateful for.
 As a family and as a person.
 So many challenges that have shaped us for the better...especially the hard parts :) sooo many hard parts but I really have come to know hard is really good :) and how good people are...so many people here but that's for another post :)
I'll miss these mountains that have granted me peace as I've hiked through them 

in 3 months we will be trading these aspens i have grown to love for some southern california palm trees! 
In a few weeks we'll be looking for a new home...wish us luck! 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...