Skip to main content

It's Christmas Time Again


Another December has come and again, no time to go to the mountains to cut a tree down so we picked the very best one we could
 at Home Depot :)
Noone was there, the kids ran around the garden center and I realized I might be the only one who cares about how the tree looks
haha

at least it was a happy tree!


this is December 1st and 60 degrees and I had to take this shot with my good friend Jenny
She hikes with me on new trails by the house :)

she also pointed out to me the wild turkeys! 

Still warm (and happy about that)to help Chester's cub scout pack get ready for the Boulder parade of lights!
They decorate go carts each year

on our way to the parade
Henry also participated with the Fairview marching band!
but no photos of them...
at least he looked up and saw us this year


pack 371 gocarts whizzing by!


we did some tree decorating after church

after I got everyone off to school Monday morning, I spent the day decking the halls of the Milkbarn...
that is my favorite part of the Christmas season

Chester had a winter themed carnival his bear den put on for the rest of the pack
He came up with this marshmallow toss game


That evening I discovered a whole side of Chester that has been untapped.
He was an amazing support, had a long line, kept telling the kids while patting them on the back, they were "his best customer of the night" with genuine excitement.
I saw a charismatic, engaging and influential person right before my eyes.
I love cub scouts💗

back to the calm milkbarn after such a busy 3 days...December is the month for everything it seems!

Piano Recital time for Henry at the Boulder Piano Gallery
He gets to play on on these beautiful grand pianos

warming up

with Iona
The kids were instructed to learn how to play an effective duet so here they are!


He also played Clare de Lune and The First Noel
I was really proud of how good he is getting!

Another evening out spent at Mesa Elementary for the 3rd Grade musical presentation
 "Bring on the Snow"
Oh my gosh, it was so adorable!
Chester had some hilarious dialogue with a pillow stuffed under his shirt and fedora topping his ensemble. 
We found out he was pretty funny on stage!


We also started a tradition last year where we go out to a fancy lunch during the season. 
We picked The Oak on Pearl Street in Boulder. 
It was delicious and fun and fancy

we ran into you know who after our lunch, the kids were impressed his beard was real!


we said goodbye to Lucy for 5 days while she headed to a basketball tournament...it's true, I cried while I said family prayer but soon pushed that aside and was so happy she got to go!


While Lucy was gone we had some old family friends come through Colorado so I took them up to Estes Park with Henry and onto RMNP
Here we are at the Stanley...where they filmed the Shining! 
And yes, it was creepy...





Debbie and Connor 

our friends we decided to freeze after moving from El Segundo :)

I hosted a graham cracker cabin making 
(quasi gingerbread house)
for the kids and friends! Audrey talks me into these things but I actually enjoyed throwing them
(5 middle schoolers and 2 third graders)
 a party and hearing all the laughter coming from the table!



I made one this year

Henry made one with a pee pond...thank you 8th grade boy

Chester's

and Audrey's

On December 23rd we made some cookies for neighbors...
we have really great neighbors! I am grateful for them

Church on Christmas eve
I laughed out loud when I looked at this photo,
I think all the activities and responsibilities of the month had me ready for a long winters nap! 

a quiet Christmas eve dinner planned

Clay made it ALL
I love him!
(I did make one thing though)

oh, and they kept busy while we made the food...we got some snow the day before

here was my contribution

I try and make a Christmas Eve cake each year...like a super simple one.
 This one turned out fab! 
Chocolate Orange with a dusting of powdered suger


All ready for bed

Santa's gifts placed under the tree
 We had a merry little Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...