Skip to main content

Christmas Greetings!

 I look forward to this time of year because we all get to be together!
Clay takes the week off between Christmas and New Years so we can all just be :)

Our year has been mostly just our keep on keepin' on mode
nothing dramatic
nothing life changing
pretty basic

At some point I think I might be the small one in the family!

 (I hired Ashleigh at Red Aspen Photography to capture us in front of these mountains we get to live under everyday)

2017 and us
 I volunteered at the elementary school last year quite a bit but this year decided to take a break to get some creative projects going. 
 I am somehow making more food than I ever thought I would in my life. 
See growing children above↑

Everyone is happiest when Dad is around! 
Clay has been building rail all over the country. 
Also busy building stuff around the Milkbarn which has endless opportunities when he is home. 
He teaches Sunday school and he is my partner in 
dreaming up ideas for ourselves.




Lucy is a sophomore at Fairview, played JV volleyball but is happier playing basketball and singing and doing art next semester.
 She was invited to go on a tournament with the varsity team to Florida this past week and 
got to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
 Lucky Lucy!
Everyones goal is to be taller than her in the family
(as well as most boys at Fairview)


Henry is an 8th grader this year.
Plays music, 
writes music,and
is basically made of music and fig bars. 
He has made some good friends this year too.
He just got the part of Horton in Seussical, the musical at 
Southern Hills this year.
 He serves in a church calling and is literally growing 
before our eyes. 


Audrey is a 6th grader this year in middle school!
 She has handled the transition really well and likes to point out she is in higher math than her older siblings were at this age.
 She likes fashion and reading and wears her black converse everywhere she goes. 
She will be working the crew Seussical and trying her legs in track and basketball as well!
She has a baking bug and I blame her for gaining 5 lbs this year, haha

Chester is in 3rd grade this year and as you can see, is in love with football. 
He excels in math but his favorite part of the day is P.E.
 He knows lots of things about football and basketball and can't decide if the NBA or the NFL is a better fit for his 8 year old future life. 
He joined our neighborhood cub scout pack too and loves it!
 I get to volunteer as an assistant den leader :)
He is serious and hilarious and still has the longest eyelashes 
in the universe.

I am glad we are all on this journey together
This time of year begs us all to slow down and feel after the peace  the season brings to our hearts



Have yourself a merry little christmas everyone!
Love,
Audrey, Jennifer, Chester, Clay, Lucy and Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...