Skip to main content

Audrey's Birthday!

Audrey turned 11!

She was so happy and excited. 
There is something about birthdays.
 You wake up and feel special and you should!
We had a birthday week for her accidentally. Clay had a trip that was postponed and didn't find out until the cake was in the oven
 (we were celebrating 2 days early to be with him). 
So she had her pre-birthday, her real birthday and then a big party on Friday night with friends!

We have been making her these little heart cakes since she was 2 years old. 
Always chocolate!



She got a gold ipod shuffle.
So now she is officially a tween :)

The morning of her real birthday. She wore her tiara to school. A boy asked why she was wearing it, she said "it's my  birthday!"

 The entire cafeteria sang the happy birthday song to her and then I took her out to watch a movie, we were the only ones there!

Prepping for her party 2 days later


Waiting for friends!
the last time she had a big birthday party was in 1st grade 
and she was so pumped to have her friends over.
 Plus, so many of them are new friends I wanted to get to know these girls!





12 tween girls

we played lots of games, had food and they were so loud and hilarious!



The following week her Activity Day group had a cupcake war competition. She had it all planned out. Beach cupcakes and shark fin cupcakes.

The final judgement :) 
She really likes to bake and I really don't. 
So, this can be her thing!
Audrey is kind. 
She speaks her mind. 
Can hold her emotions in until they burst like a dam. 
She is such a hard worker in school. She gives everything in math and little to geography :) she likes history too but not government. She loves art too and baking. 
We only have 3 more months of elementary school for her and then she is off to middle school. Oh boy. 
It's hard to believe time can move that fast. 
She has a plan already for middle school! 
7th grade math, the "wheel" and 4 sports Dad!
 Volleyball, basketball, soccer and track and field.
She likes her friends at school and at church.
We love our turkey,
happy birthday
I am in love with watching you grow up and can't wait to see what Heavenly Father has in store for you💕 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...