Skip to main content

Our Summer in a Nutshell: 2015

The lazy mornings of summer are coming to an end.
 Here are some highlights of our time together. 
I think we found the perfect mix of learning,
 playing and working this year!
I even got a few book reports from them. Ha!

Pool side with Audrey

My attempt at planting indoor herb plants. 
It failed but looked so pretty for the first little while. 
Although the lemon thyme is still doing great...go figure?

My basketball girls. Had a fantastic camp and can't wait to do it next year!

Still unsure how he knows how to throw signs.

Bear Lake
Took a trip up to Rocky Mountain National Park with fun friends.



It was pouring rain up in Estes Park so bumper cars 
weas the thing to do after RMNP fun. 
It was hilarious to watch!

12 hours later Henry was admitted to the hospital for a 24 hour antibiotic for an infection. He was a good patient. 
He ordered grilled salmon and felt special.
I wish spiders didn't like him so much. 

Lucy crowned me a mother of a teenager by turning 13.

Some of her friends after her party at Chipper's Lanes.


Then the 4th of July arrived and the Coons came over ready to celebrate along with Paul and Janet.
Thanks for the fireworks Dan!



We did not catch the bridge on fire this year.
 No more amateur moves from us!



Teaching the girls to sew. 
I was pretty methodical about it which paid off. 
We have another lesson to fit in tomorrow 
but I hope this will be something they will want to do for the rest of their lives.




That brown blob hanging there in the tree is a swarm of bees waiting for the scouts to find a new hive for them. 
Seriously crazy and fascinating. We kept our distance though

Lucy dog sitting Roxy.
Roxy guarding Lucy.

Playing by the creek in our neighbors yard!

The view down to our valley on a cloudless summer morning.


We finally got a tire swing up!!! 
of course it is a hit

Clay and I celebrated him coming home from working in Charlotte all year by heading to Aspen for a couple of days.


The Maroon Bells




Drenched in a thunderstorm hiking down to take the last shuttle.

One of our favorite friends came to town from Utah. 

Henry achieved his Arrow of Light in Cub Scouts. 

Proud Momma

Having ice cream with just the best friends around. 

Chester's 1st tooth lost!

We took a 9 day trip to Maine and loved every single minute. 
That will have it's own blog post once I download all the photos.
It had been 4 years since we took a long vacation together, 
it was amazing!

Audrey approaching a cannon ball
For Henry's birthday we headed to the canyon to 
Eldorado Springs Pool. 
Best pool ever!

perfect form!







11 looks good on Henry. 
He is almost 5'2". 
I thought his legs and arms were looking longer.




Grandpa came to town and helped us work on the house!




I
Last event was getting ourselves to Elitch Gardens in Denver.
The kids had a blast. 
And they rode every single rollercoaster there.
I made them.
Including the baby one. 
I'm glad my kids are funny.
I love summer. 
They are smart and funny and it is just so nice to spend down time with them. 
Here is to many more! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...