Skip to main content

Wiki Wiki Trip to Utah

Car selfie
The first week of summer and I decided we needed to get out of town
 and head to Utah! Super fun.
modeling at the gas station

Our stop on the 70 at Taco Bell in Rifle. 
Only the best.

We stayed with our good friends the Heatons. Cutest kids in Orem.


Chester looks so grown up here!


Swim day in Provo

A trip up to Sundance with cousin Haylee. Took the ski lift up for a long hike back to the village.


She was excited.
Excuse my dumb finger in the photo.








We made it to the water falls.


My summer girl. She looks pretty Boulder here(on that boulder!).



Henry climbed behind the falls. Naturally.


I saw my super awesome friend Stephanie. She has remained hip after all these years! (18 years to be exact)


Visiting the Art Museum on BYU campus. I wish that was here when I attended! So wonderful to see the exhibits. This was a rainbow threaded from the ceiling. Such a thoughtful piece.




Taking Lucy and Audrey to see Princess Academy on campus at the Pardoe theatre. So fun, even Chester enjoyed it!



My sister Leslie.I love talking with her in person. She makes me smile, laugh and think about life differently!

Ceiling of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building( it is all cut glass)
After 2 wonderful days in Provo we headed up to Temple Square in Salt Lake City. The kids have never been, so it was a treat!

The lobby in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building
We went and saw "Meet the Mormons" later that evening in the theater. Such an elegant building! 

Sitting on the west steps of the temple. 


Chillin'


Statues of Joseph and Hyrum Smith.
Joseph said of Hyrum, "I could pray in my heart that all men were like my brother Hyrum, who posesses the mildness of a lamb and the integrity of Job: and in short the meekness and humility of Christ. I love him with that love that is stronger than death."
They were both shot and killed in Carthage Jail.

The gorgeous Assembly Hall




Lucy's flower portraits



Learning how to do genealogy. They have their own accounts and know how to do a couple of things. Henry was insistent we come here.



Chester wore his fedora all day. 
He received many compliments from older gentlemen working in various locations on the grounds. 
It was pretty adorable. 




"It is not what we receive that enriches our lives, it is what we give." - George Albert Smith

Of course Henry and I posed as statues. 



We finished the day with a meal at the Lion House.
 And if you ask sweetly, they WILL give you extra rolls!
We had a great day touring around.
 We made some memories on this quick trip. Like playing in the park with cousin Danielle and Haylee til dark, walking with my sister and just talking and catching up, visiting with my Cami, (oh...Cami's homeade cookies waiting for us when we got to her house!), seeing temples dot the landscape, and rockin out with our playlists in the car. Next year? Same time, same place!




Comments

  1. We'll reserve your room. You are welcome to come eat my cookies anytime! Love my Collins family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! You guys did so many cool things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...