Skip to main content

Working hard? Or hardly working...

Hardly working

We cleaned up piles of tree limbs and sticks on the property last weekend. We have a quarantine on our neighborhood due to the emerald ash borer so when we got the email saying the fire department down the road would be chipping for free...we halted everything and sent about 5 truckloads down! Our part time helper Hunter is heaven sent.
Thanks Hunter!

Working hard.

Hardly working.
Clay really wants to teach the kids to work. 
Somehow my faith is waning.
This place is full of distractions.

It's been raining all through the month. This morning the sun came out and we went for a walk before church. 

One of two longhorns I drive by everyday. They command attention.And then I think...do they get headaches?
 I should really be watching the road.

Chester getting the mail(kind of working here)

A neighbor proudly celebrating memorial day. I want a big beautiful american flag for the Milkbarn soon. 

Last week of school coming up and the apartment will be done by next weekend. Yay! Clay ran the dishwasher this morning and to my ears, that was the sweetest sound I have heard in awhile.
The sound of hope.
The sound of being able to rip up our house this summer.
So, prepare for more updates because we are on a roll!
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...