Skip to main content

BYU and Cal=the Collins kids

The 3rd launch in 3 years:)
From Cal Poly SLO as a freshman basketball player to Portugal as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints!
Here she is following what is right for her once again as a transfer student to BYU.
 I think we all feel this was a divine pivot for her:)

Although, this incredible Dad had to work hard at wrapping himself around the idea of her going to BYU.
If anyone could soften his heart, it's Lucy. 
Almost crossing the state line into Utah...
Almost but not really fitting her loft bed at her apartment
haha
She lucked out on a cozy apartment, near the side of campus she wants to be on, hit the jackpot with her current roommates (they are awesome!) and attending classes that are directing her on the path she will be most suited for :)
After getting her settled we spent the last day taking in the beauty and simplicity of Utah:)


She is well on her way!
She has made friends, been academically challenged and even...had some dates already. 

I realized this past week that I have never personally prayed so much for my kids until now, that they are out on their own. 
As I fasted today for a special young man in our ward, I felt the need to fast for our Henry as he contemplates his major and making a potential changes. 
Henry began his sophomore year at Cal. Job intact, excellent grades, and boy, a lot of discovery.

I look at them and wonder about all of the various things they will do and paths they will take :)
It's exciting. 
It also makes me worry.
haha

And telling people I have 2 children in college, 
one at BYU and one at UC Berkeley...delights me to no end.
 The confused looks, the questions, the comments...it reminds me of this quote of what it's like for us:)

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."
-Walt Whitman

I am so proud to be their mother



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...