Skip to main content

YW Camp: Audrey's final chapter!

I had the opportunity to be at our combined stake YW Camp 3 hours north, 
located in the beautiful coastal redwoods with Audrey. 
It was amazing!




Audrey was a YCL this year. 
I just had the thought how fitting it is that I went to camp with Lucy for her first year and went with Audrey for her last year. 
I feel lucky!
(above, she hosted skit night with Abby and then beat us all in the minute to win it Oreo face challenge)



Audrey's friend Ella (above) lives in the city and they met about a year ago at another combined activity (since our stakes are so small in youth numbers!)
They were pretty much inseperable all week :)
Audrey and London
Born a few weeks apart, her mom and me were pregnant at the same time!
It's good and so rewarding to be back and have the privilege to
 see these kids grow up:)
some ycl's
Eva, Audrey, London, Ella, Isa, Princess
:)
Her inner Boulder was ignited at camp:)
She also said she didn't get the memo about packing cute clothes as she just brought the typical Boulder fare...workout clothes...haha










Even though she doesn't like all the songs and maybe dislikes singing them more...she was a polite non singer:)

their improv skit...cinna-mon :)

After the skits, a dance party ensued playing all songs from the decades :)




such a fun night!
the suspension bridge lit up at night


I was with her for this activity, we both really like archery and she totally nailed it. And each time she hit the inner rings or balloons, her reaction was a drop jawed gasp of shock!
It was so funny! 
She had the girls laughing:)


Last swim in the swimming hole and I was asked if they looked like "rich moms"
hahaha

Her spiderman jump from the rock!

The weather was gorgeous :)
And by grace and mercy, I was granted my own camp bff.
Melissa is an amazing friend and example to me.
She also cracks me up.
And she also did not want me to take this picture after our hike.
But I did anyway:)

Since she will attend FSY next summer, she will not have a YW camp...so this was the big goodbye!
It was fun to watch her.

Some things that I observed about Audrey:

she loves to smile
she is comfortable in her own skin
she likes to be with groups of people 
she is a kind and direct leader
she learned about herself
and man, this girl likes to party!

My testimony grew just being there, everyday, seeking to be a good leader and seeking to be present each day. 
I enjoyed it so much...I found myself wanting to go every year.
I mean....
maybe cabins and 3 meals a day made it all the more desirable
haha
(they took better care of me than I take care of myself!)

but I was amazed at the energy I was given each time I was around the girls.
It never failed me. 
It made me think of the scripture about not being weary in doing good things :)

"Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great"
doctrine & covenants 64:33





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Costumes and Windows

Our shady tree Our favorite tree holds this swing we pulled out of the "jungle room"...remember the room with the Bali mural and plants everywhere that left our collective heads scratching? The swing survived the excavating. Anyway, our swing is a place where we play, snack,  talk, think, hold hands, lean on each other and (maybe)escape. Or watch bunnies. RIP Ernie. (My bunny friend that never ran away from me.) I love how the Milkbarn looks in the fall. Delivery complete. We filled this dumpster up within a week or two of tearing up the apartment. Windows installed!  The three on the left is where the kitchen sink will be. Early fall morning looking towards the canyon.  Autumn never gets old for me. Our backyard neighbors must be sick of looking at this mess. The kids picked this up unwillingly. Ah, Milkbarn memories. Sleeping in our future kitchen yo. Halloween chaos. I decided this year to make some Halloween...