Skip to main content

Gobble Gobble 2 0 1 7

The weather during thanksgiving break was absolutely perfect
my ideal temperature is 67 :)

and that it was!

an afternoon on Pearl Street in Boulder 

we accompanied Clay on a work trip up to Gillette, Wyoming!
we left right after church for the 5 hour drive
(I swear it was 6 though)

looking east into the sunset was spectacular
I have never seen a purple sunset before but 
w.o.w.


As Clay worked I headed out to explore Gillette with the kids
It's a natural gas and coal town in Northeast Wyoming
The little downtown is getting revitalized so it was fun to explore

there were maybe 6 things to do in Gillette 
and we did them all in 3 hours!


I have a thing for Wyoming



At the Rockpile museum



Wyoming loves guns!
This collection was chalk full of civil war era guns, 
it was absolutely fascinating.





an hour out of Gillette is Devils Tower

the afternoon sun was breathtaking on the grooves of the tower, 
the temperature was perfect and again, I have been to many beautiful places, but this was so different and special.
 The idea of a crack in the earth and magma exploding out of it? 
Just made me think of creation 
and how magnificent this world really is :)



when we got home we showed the kids the movie
 "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"
we had too after being here!




leaving Devils Tower

It was as empty as it looks here,
maybe 8 other people were up there with us

amazing visit

we got home wednesday and started to prep for Thanksgiving dinner
so, naturally the kids made snowflakes in the mid sixties weather we are having...
no complaints here!

perfecting the perfect cranberry sauce


kids table

grown up table

Lucy made it to the adult table this year :)

annual football game under the mountains 
with Nathan, Anders and the Lindgren boys



we had soooo much food




the day after thanksgiving I got crazy and hired a professional photographer for the first time in a long time...I think the last time was before Chester was born!
Anyway...within 20 minutes it rained and crazy wind came down off the mountains


I love clouds and these rolled in for some of the photos which was nice...the wind on the other hand whipped our hair everywhere which was not nice so it will be a small miracle if any photos turn out :)
but that's why I paid someone, right???



And of course, Clay got busy in the front of the house 
after all the festivities

the kids came in telling me to come out and see the "old man in the well" from one of our favorite books, Tikki Tikki Tembo
haha

he got some help cleaning out some of the well and getting the water repiped under the house before we get snow

after Audrey helped she thought Chester needed to get cookie making lessons from her for his Faith in God/developing talents section 
They turned out good!
they both delivered 2 plates to neighbors
good kids!

this bunny lounged out by Clay all day,
maybe he is the bunny whisperer?

the more mounds he makes the more homes they have

my christmas wish is for the front to get cleaned up and pavers to be done, new door installed and siding put on...
poor Santa!
I am hoping for half :)
Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...