Skip to main content

Metal Roof Musings

The weather is just right for all the outdoor projects 
we need to finish. 
I will say that winter kind of sucks the fun out of working on the Milkbarn but it's just right now and 
I thought I should give an update.
 Are you all sick of this yet?
Are you tired of incomplete projects going on in your own life?
Fist bump if you do. 
I'm not gonna say it's been almost 4 years but 
IT HAS.

Clay widening the front step using the pavers winding up to the front door.


Nice design Clay!




While in Utah for a weekend, Clay banged out this project that has me so excited. He extended the roof over our front door. No more sliding on the step from ice, no more apologizing to visitors sliding on the step from ice.
We are over ice.

side view


We knocked the "gazebo" down and it looks 100 percent less trashy.


No more junky view from the front door either, just cute teenagers

The metal roof is coming along!



On May 19th it snowed almost 10 inches
(enough COLORADO!!!!)

Grandpa came to help roof...

and see the kids in performances

Audrey and I got to go to Utah and have some In N' Out for lunch

with Aunt Marcie at the Provo City Center Temple after my Uncle Roy's graveside memorial


Seeing my family in Texas was awesome


with Lauren and family after her hour long performance. 
She is an amazing pianist!
Heading off to BYU. I'm so proud!


Natalie took the day off of work and we headed to the famous Silos in Waco!
Yes, I am totally taking a photo of the bathroom 
at the Silos bakery for ideas, haha!



and Audrey finished Elementary school with the cutest braid up do a big sister could give her

it was pretty emotional for her. 
Mesa Elementary has been a school where she has been nurtured and accepted and a Mom couldn't want anything more for their child.
I am forever grateful we took the risk 
and moved to this Milkbarn 



Well, it is summer break and the tire swing is in full use

and picnics have begun

and we celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary


in Los Angeles where Clay was working




I cannot wait to get the roof on completely, paint the house and landscape out front!

I know I haven't written in awhile. 
I feel like my voice has been quieted by all the unknowns in life and all the noise. 
I chose to do a couple of instagram accounts because it has been easier to share an image than a thought@_thecollinsmilkbarn & @in_the_seam

But today I felt like I could share feelings and questions along the lines of....


When will this remodel of the century be done? And why do I want to do more?(because I'm nuts)

How will my children learn if I feel like they aren't listening anymore? (the teens)

How can I be a better influence in a world that is shouting from the sidelines?

How can I connect better to God when I feel like I'm doing everything I can right now?

How am I really doing right now? 
Sometimes I don't want to know.
 That might be okay right now, right?

I think the answer for me is to hold on, stay constant, stay firm, eat cookies and make salads, 
stay active, read my scriptures, keep praying even though I feel like it's a one sided conversation right now, tell my kids I'm sorry when I lose it and be real, let my kids be real(that's a hard one for me), hope that progress is made, remember compromise is you saying you can live without everything on your list and accepting things you really don't want to be on your list. Be content with what I have but not content with who I can become.
And have faith.
and then back to the cookies...or just the dough😅

Thanks for reading my rambles and unfinished projects. 
I'm glad I wrote tonight💗





Comments

  1. I'm glad you wrote too. Thanks for sharing your fun, full life with us, Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks for sharing life with the Collins'. We wish we could see you more often, but just not possible at the moment. Ann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...