Skip to main content

Birthdays and Choirs

Happy 10th Birthday Audrey!

(do you notice the blizzard happening outside?)
Seriously, every birthday of hers in 
Colorado = snowstorms


Since Audrey was a baby we have made her little tiny heart cakes, this year I am perfecting a larger version to meet the needs of our very hungry pack of children! 


An Audrey birthday wouldn't be complete without going out for some hamburgers and fries.
 That blizzard couldn't stop Clay's truck.
 We did donuts in the mall parking lot afterwards.
Yee-haw


The next day we woke up to a BVSD snow day! 
Perfect for an extra long birthday


A week and a half later Lucy attended Colorado All State Middle School Choir where many of the best choir kids in the state gather to perform music and learn from professionals. She auditioned back in the fall and was accepted. She then studied the music and would learn her parts (she is an alto but sings second soprano in her own school choir) alongside the laptop.
The songs were so beautiful.


There she is, top right corner, top row!




The more I watch her perform, the more comfortable she 
is with herself.
This is her thing. 
In fact, this might be her very favorite thing. 
She says..."solos are okay but I love singing in a group
 and working it all out"

We went to a little restaurant called Crave across from the Bellco Theater in downtown Denver. 
We dined on donut holes and dipping sauces and some very excellent food. She told us every detail of her 2 day trip. 
We were so proud of her.

Side note: here she is at her last home game for 8th grade girls basketball(in the royal blue shorts, hand on hip...who wouldn't notice her?) 

Day after the Denver Broncos won the superbowl!
Even I wanted a tee shirt (:


Comments

  1. Audrey is so pretty! Watch out in another few years! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

Sports Mom Era

I think I saw this coming but maybe I didn't really see this coming:) I am a sports mom. Plain and simple. I had other hats too like library mom, classroom aid mom, costumes for musicals mom, outdoorsy hiking mom, musical mom, jazz band mom, tech crew mom, art mom, spring break mom, etc etc etc But sports mom has been a pretty big theme in my life:) So, in honor of my Dad's birthday today and his absolute love of sports, I share this to save the memoires.  Because one day, it will be just that, sweet and crazy sports mom era memories:) Okay, so I love JV games because the weather at 4pm in the Bay Area and even coast side was amazing last year. Tee shirt and jeans? Heavenly  Fall 2024 (he already looks different) Friday morning fits Becky Ruppel photography↑ In the middle of football season lies the beast of the high school basketball pancake breakfast. It was actually fun to serve all of the people coming through... even the complainers...haha Homecoming! And nothing better t...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...