Skip to main content

Aspen Mania





We took a fall drive today.
 The autumnal equinox is 2 days away and I was really itching to get out of the house. 
My heart soared.

Love those aspen tree trunks. 







Stopped at one of our favorite places to hang out. 
Chester sat in dog poo here.
On this rock.
Really?
And then so did Audrey. 
LOL.

Audrey instructed me to get a shot of the red rimmed aspen leaves.

Lucy asked to get a shot of the ombre colored aspens for a future pastel. 

Then a really nice woman offered to take a photo of me with the children. This is when I wish we were wearing more muted fall colors or just anything to accent the beauty around us.
 Always designing in my head.
It's a problem sometimes.
Sometimes I imagine I was on a sub committee for designing the earth for Heavenly Father.
 I'm pretty sure I was on the color and proportion team.




Chester kept shouting for joy, 
"It's aspen mania!! I want to kiss those trees"


Gray skies are my favorite with fall foliage. 
Somehow mother nature just pops those colors out with the darker back drop. To die for. 



Lucy took this shot off the Peak to Peak highway.


I am clinging to this quote right now. We all ebb and flow in life. And there are markers for change in all of us.
That is what real life is meant to be;
to change and become better versions of ourselves. 
Little steps at a time.
But this quote is far more accurate about how I am really doing.
I laughed so hard I cried.
 Thanks Andy Dwyer.












Comments

  1. Beautiful! I love your thought about being in the design team. I bet you were!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...