Skip to main content

The Sneak Peek

Big Pregnant Bronzelee
Before we start talking about anything, Bronzelee is still pregnant. Her past litters have been 13 and 15 piglets. We had a nice Sunday afternoon visit with her last week. We brought her some water and cooled her off. She is so sweet, even covered in mud...and super smelly. She can hardly stand. Chester said in the sweetest voice while hanging over the fence
"Do you remember me Bronzewee?"
ahhhh....siding
How many times does a man have to forgive  paint? 70 times 7. Drat that number!!
The girls and I have been painting siding all week. Painting with an oil based primer first. We have done 70. Another 70 to go. We went to church today with paint still stuck on us...it's gonna be that way for awhile people. 

Paul and Clay
Sneak Peek #1
We have a corner of siding done!!! 

Our rag tag crew.
This weekend we had a small crew of help. 2 missionaries, a 15 year old football player, a home teacher and Mike from work who can do just about anything. Thank you!

Happy Clay
As we see more progress, more smiles can emerge.
I won't get into all the tears of frustration this past week. 

of expectations....


This past month

Lucy turned 12. I still beat her at bowling because life isn't fair, right?? We played 7 consecutive rounds of laser tag.
We are addicted.

Botox or bee sting?
Chester got stung by a bee on his mouth. He now takes the long way around to the bench swing.

Where's my worms!!!
The Robin's hatched. I think they thought my phone was incoming food.

Best 4th Ever
We had a little 4th of July party at the house. It was perfect.
No one got burned...although the bridge caught on fire.
For reals.

$100 dollars worth of fireworks plus Dr. Pepper equals Fun Dad's. Thank you Dan.



Surprise sunflower along the driveway.
Sneak Peek #2
We are so close to finishing the girls room! They have been sleeping at the neighbors all week. And can't wait to head over tonight. Because who wants to sleep here?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lofty Summer Project

Summer Milkbarn projects! We had so many plans and then like anything,  summer came and kind of went (well, unless you count the 25 days left of actual summer).  We accomplished 2 things.  Here is the the boys room remodel.  We haven't completed the built in book shelves but this is a pretty amazing re-do since it was a pretty nasty room to start with. Before photos   (after I delightfully cleaned, donated and organized the boys belongings! well, not all of them) Right below this crack through their ceiling slept Henry  in the top bunk. If I was him, I would've imagined monsters or something trying to break in from another dimension... oh wait, that is Stranger Things on Netflix ( okay, so that was my 3rd summer project)  old paint swatches from 2 1/2 years ago lightening speed around here! Ripped up the carpet and remains of a rainbow loom rip rainbow looms After the carpet and linoleum un...

Post #40 The Ninja Room

The room my family has been waiting for.  Seriously!  I knew when we decided to turn this into a hang out room versus another bedroom(sorry teenage Lucy) it would be the end all at the Milkbarn.  In the 70's, when I grew up, this type of room was called a den. Rightly so. They were usually planked with wood siding and padded with two toned shag carpet. Nowadays I hear the word lounge to describe this space which only conjures up images of 20 somethings in the 90's  (ahem, that was me)   congregating at hip places with lots of sectional seating and guys thinking cigars were cool while I thought it seemed all so ridiculous.  So our children, upon carpet installation, commandeered the room for fighting and wrestling and so forth.  They named it The Ninja Room . No den, no lounge...just the ninja room. We love that they named it. We wanted to put up all of our family photographs  in a more personal space. ...

The Milkbarn Path

Before fall came, Clay was determined to design and construct a walkway to the Milkbarn. Yay!!! Because we had a very narrow, shoddy (what? shoddy at the milbarn? *gasp*) ,  unevenly paved sidewalk to the front door which we knew needed a serious redo.  We bought the pavers from Lowes awhile ago and had them piled up in front of the house for months.  FYI, voles make homes under pavers.   Doesn't it look awesome ? Nice, wide, perfect curve and now easy to shovel when the snow comes. The curve looks just right against the angles of the house. I planted some tulips under the trees and near the front door.  I'm not holding my breath that anything will come up given my gardening expertise.  But again, I do believe in miracles. :) Truth! ! 1600 Sq. ft and going strong...and now with a pathway! I was trying to think of all the photos that have a pathway or walkway in them.  Here we are at the Fort Colli...